What would you do if you were given the gift of extra days off from work due to the weather? I was hoping for one – yes, just one – but ended up with three. I had a great time catching up on my to-do list. The children? Not so much. They didn’t want to go outside (too cold and actually the wind chill the 2nd day was not safe) and electronics dominated their days.
- a minimum of 3 hours catching up on grading with several cups of hot green tea. That was rewarding enough- just getting caught up!
- made 2 wheat beer breads from Tastefully Simple mixes and a double batch of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for the children.
- went through younger son’s closet to find clothes that he didn’t like/wear any more for either a consignment sale or for the garage sale this spring
- did son’s taxes so he could get his refund – still need to do the state 😦
- organized basement and cleared off one bookshelf for oldest son who was voluntarily cleaning and reorganizing his room.
- shoveled the driveway – 6″ minimum of it with some drifting. At least we can get the cars out now!
- organized the laundry room cabinet, wiped down the units, made new dust rags from old t-shirts.
- read an old Eating Clean magazine looking for ideas for new recipes
- slept in – yay!
- made a batch of banana muffins with the last 2 bananas I had in my freezer (a first for me – usually I clean them out during summer!)
- made a from scratch brownie recipe for the children
- taped off and primed the vanity in the upstairs bath
- posted 3 items on Ebay
- painted the first coat on the vanity in the upstairs bath
- did some touch up painting in the same bathroom
- painted the master bath door to get ride of the scratched off paint from my parents’ dog that passed away 2 years ago (yeah, I know that should have been done a loooonnnnggg time ago. . . )
- ran 4 1/2 miles on the basement treadmill
- watched one of my favorite shows, Modern Family, while knitting a new scarf project
- read my new Runner’s World magazine before bed
- slept in again! I could definitely get used to getting up at 8 am as opposed to 5:45 am!
- painted second coat on the vanity in the upstairs bath
- organized linen closet and added more things to the sale pile
- completed 2 loads of laundry (washed, dried AND put away)
- ventured out on the roads to go to Lowe’s so I can get the towel rack for the bathroom as well as knobs for the painted vanity
- also went to Michael’s for more yarn for my knitting projects
- also went to Walmart for a photo I had delivered there to go in my new Keystone frame as well as pick up some more fruit
- painted the vanity AGAIN including the doors AGAIN
- lined the vanity and the drawers with new liner – love the red!
- took Buddy to Lillie’s house to play in the snow. He loves play dates with my Mum & Dad’s dog!
- went to a Girl Scout cookie meeting – yes! Cookies!! We can start selling Saturday, February 8th!
I have accomplished a lot these past few days while the snow was a-blowin’ and the temperatures droppin’. It feels good to have gotten something accomplished and I’m more than ready to go back to work again . . . even if it is just for a day before the weekend!!